I have been an executive director of a multi-million dollar public charity. I have taught nonprofit law and graduate courses at both an ABA accredited law school and the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. I currently represent numerous public charities as legal counsel. There’s not a lot I haven’t seen in the nonprofit sector. If you need advice about your nonprofit from board development to risk management, I can help. I also charge a much lower hourly rate for consulting services than I do for legal services.
Custom Designed Trainings for your Nonprofit Board
The Board of Directors is responsible for defining the mission and providing leadership and strategic direction for your nonprofit. It sets policies and ensures the organization has adequate resources to carry out the mission. The Board provides direction for the chief staff executive and evaluates his or her performance. It also is responsible to assess its own effectiveness in upholding the public interests served by the nonprofit.
Rocky can provide custom designed training to founders and boards of new organizations, as well as speaking at your annual conference, board meetings, or staff training on topics including:
- Setting up a nonprofit, foundation, social enterprise, association or other tax-exempt status
- Regulation and compliance issues
- Roles of the ED vs. the board
- Financial oversight, compliance, planning, budgeting, financial reporting
- Staff and volunteer management
- Program development, evaluation, and outcome reporting
- Legal reporting requirements on state and federal levels
- Fundraising legally: issues and requirements, including donation acknowledgments
- Leadership succession issues
- Conflicts of interest and due diligence issues